Well, I was not very good at taking pics, but my sister was. At least before and after the race, so I am using hers. Nobody was there to take pics during. If you want to see more pics this the link to her site. Brightroom has some pics of us during if you want to see them. Here's mine.

The weather was fantastic. Probably the best weather we've ever had for this race, (usually we have some sort of wind or rain.) Three times we've had the race or part of it cancelled. I think that's why they actually had new entries at check-in. People don't want to go to an expensive race that gets cancelled and don't get money back. It used to get sold out within weeks of opening. Anyway, this time was perfect. Even the night had practically no wind, (we camp.)

I was signed up for the olympic originally, but I had been sick over 6 weeks so I emailed and asked to switch to sprint. I'm glad I did. Even though I didn't have any problems breathing, at least I didn't worry about it. I got the best time I've ever had for this race. (I think.) It helps that they changed the run to the road. We used to have to run partially in sand.

All in all it was awesome and we had tons of fun.
Next races coming up: Bryce Canyon 1/2 marathon, Kokopelli Tri


4 comments:
You are amazing! And to think you just had a baby not so long ago too! What an inspiration you are!
Well done, I'm thinking of doing the city to Surf here in Sydney in August, which is 14 km's.
Great job! I wish I could have been there to do it with ya. I just did the Saratoga Springs tri yesterday and I was sick too, so it wasn't the best race for me, but it was fun. We have to do one together some day. Hope you guys are doing good down there. We miss you!
Wow--way to go!! I'm envious right now...I must admit--prego with twins is about doing me in!! Good for you--one day I'll get back on track!! Hope all is well in St. George...it was fun seeing you a few months back!!
Post a Comment