This was P's first year on swim team. I love the swim team because it's pretty much swim lessons every day so by the end of the summer they've improved so much. We got some video from her first two meets, but I was helping with her other meets so we didn't get more video. She swam freestyle and backstroke mostly, but swam butterfly in her last meet. I'm really bummed I didn't get a video of it. Maybe I'll just have her swim it and tape it to show.
Her backstroke is pretty fast, especially when she remembers to keep her head back which she was doing by the end. She is so proud of her second place ribbon.
They line the 6 & Unders up at the other end of the pool while the older kids are finishing up from the last event. They didn't tell the little ones to wait so when P and the other girl heard the buzzer they went. The older kids were swimming at the same time. I had to go get P and walk her back to her start to swim again. She was pretty tired. That's what these next two videos show.
I am so proud of her! By the end of the summer she was taking more strokes before breathing on her freestyle, keeping her head back in her backstroke, and swimming butterfly in a way to not get disqualified, (except maybe the two-hand touch at the end.) She is our little fishy.


1 comments:
Way to go Pyper! We are so proud of you!!! Can't wait till we can actually see you in person in a meet. Your cousins were so impressed with your swimming.
Post a Comment