So I got started early on the garden band wagon this year. Last year I was discouraged due to the Japanese Beetle thing, but this year we were told we could harvest even with the spray, we just had to wait a certain number of days after the spray to harvest certain foods.
When my parents lived in this house my dad had put railroad ties around the west edge of the house for the garden. It makes it nice and organized and easy to reach everything.
This year we are growing corn, beans, peas, peppers, squash, zuchini, honeydew, cantaloupe, tomatoes, pumpkins, watermelon, cucumbers, and we even have one artichoke plant, (it doesn't have anything on it yet, so we'll see.) 
I admit I don't take care of it as much as I probably should, but it still does pretty well.


1 comments:
Your garden looks great! I totally envy you for being able to grow a garden, or even having a backyard! Your blog is very cute! I hope you dont mind I saw you comment on kristie's so I clicked on it to see your blog. Your girls are adorable. Do you guys do the mini tri races? Or the big ones? That is so cool!
Post a Comment