Wednesday, August 13, 2008

6 Things About Me

My cousin Amy tagged me to post 6 random things about myself. So here goes...... The first 3 are things that most of you probably already know. The next 3 are things some people may know, but might not.

  1. My sweet husband and my wonderful girls. I just had to put something about my family. I love them so much. My husband is soooo good to me, I don't deserve him. My girls can be little rascals sometimes, but are so sweet most of the time. My mother told me several times when we were growing up that she wished I could have two girls of my own so I could see what she went through. (My sister and I would fight every now and then, okay..., alot.) The girls sometimes fight, but they have a way, though, of making me go from steaming mad to giggly in no time.
  2. I am a swimmer. Surprise, surprise. I have been on swim teams since I was 4, and when I got older, I taught and coached it. Now I still love swimming and have started triathlons just so I could keep competing in it.
  3. I love crafty things. I scrapbook, sew, make jewelry, make hair bows, make home decor, and anything else I get the urge to do. Recently my sister got me to sell premade scrapbooks on ebay. I don't work on it very often, but it does put some money in my paypal to shop with.
  4. I competed in synchronize swimming for like 9 years. I mentioned that I was a swimmer, but they don't really have synchro here in Utah so some wouldn't guess it. They had it at BYU for a little while, but it didn't last, and I tried to start it up at the fitness center, but it didn't seem like there was enough interest in it to keep it. If they had it here, my girls would be in it for sure.
  5. Lots of you probably know that I was on the country western dance team at UVSC for a few years, but did you know that I was also on their racquetball team for a year? Just before I got pregnant with Pyper they started a women's team. I saw the flyer so I went to the meeting and joined. My dad has been a major racquetball player for years and years and he had taught me a little bit so I thought it might be fun and it really was. Of course, I couldn't play and be pregnant, (although, I was pregnant at the state championships,) so I was done after a year.
  6. I miss Arizona. I lived in Mesa till I was 12 and I hated Utah for years and years after we moved. Utah has grown on me now, but I still hate the cold. Now the rest of my family has moved back down there and I'm still here. I was telling my sister-in-law that it's too hot down there and that I didn't know if I could live there, but she mentioned that in Utah the kids can go outside to play whenever they want like 3-4 months out of the year, but down there, there's only like 3 months when they can't play outside, cause it's too hot. The rest of the year they can go out whenever. I like it here, but if there was any where else I'd like to live it would be there.
So, there you have it. Six things about me.

Now I'm tagging, (DON'T HATE ME PLEASE,) Jessica (whom I totally get along with now that we're older), Heather, Jen Ford, Rachel, Linsey, and Kelli.

The rules:1.Link the person who tagged you.2.Post the rules on your blog.3.Write 6 random things about yourself.4.Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them.5.Let the person know you tagged them on their blog6.Let the tagger know when you've posted.

1 comments:

Amy said...

I didn't know you sell your pre-made scrapbook pages on ebay! that is awesome!

I love scrapbooking as well, I am sure I am not as good at it as you. To be honest, I feel like I get this desire to preserve and save memories from Grandma Jorgensen. I have been gathering memories, and cataloging things since I was little. My mom doesn't really do that so I never got where I was getting that from, it seemed so instinctual. Then, when I was about 12, grandma gave us some of my dads stuff growing up and she had preserved all these things from him, I mean a ton of stuff, and it all clicked. My dad says that she was really into that stuff as well. She understood the value of saving and preserving them.

So, maybe that is where you get it from as well...