Last week Pyper and I were in the kitchen and Pyper was eating an apple when she says, "Mom, I'm eating a seed." I thought that was weird since I know I cut out all the seeds. I then heard something hard in her mouth when she chewed. I told her to spit it out. It looked like a piece of tooth so I started freaking out and had her open her mouth and I looked at her back teeth. I didn't see anything, especially since most of her back teeth are silver anyways. I thought maybe just something from the apple, but then Pyper was like, "What about this?" And she pointed to her front teeth. Sure enough there was a hole in-between her two front teeth. I immediately called the dentist and made an appointed for a chipped tooth. The dentist looked at the x-rays and said the filling had fallen out. I had completely forgotten she had a filling there. It has been less than a year since she had her teeth fixed.
Anyway, so we had to make another appointment to get it refilled because Pyper has to be put out, since she would kick and scream otherwise. On Monday we went in and they try to distract her from the shot by letting her pick out some toys, but she knew what was coming. I hate the anesthesia so much, because one minute she's screaming and freaking out, and the next she's like lifeless with her eyes open. I have to try to not watch her face, because it makes me so sad. When it's all done she is still quite out of it for a while. She doesn't know what's wrong with her and she talks in jibberish and starts flaling around. It pretty much took the whole day for her to come completely out. Even then the shot was so traumatic she wouldn't take her coat off. She wore it to bed, and then screamed when I needed to get her dressed the next morning. I had to just grab her and rip it off to show that her shot wouldn't hurt. :(


2 comments:
How traumatic! I'm so sorry you had to go through that with her! Mindi chipped her front tooth but we haven't gotten it filled or anything yet. It's lovely. On a different note...I about DIED laughing when I heard your spider pig song! You are so funny!! We love you guys ;)
Aw poor gal. Logan hates the dentist too. He freaks out and we had to give him some meds to mellow him out. He wasnt out of it just really really realxed. I even put him in a diaper so he wouldnt accidently pee himself.
Post a Comment