Monday, June 30, 2008

Another Race Day!

Okay so I'm trying to start not naming places, so if you don't know which race this is, it's the green slimy lake by my house. Even though the lake is not so fun to swim in, it's a good race. Mostly flat! They did change the course a bit, though, since I did it two years ago. The run was half shaded last time; I don't remember any shade this time, and there was a patch of dirt on the bike and some rock road on the run. So not as easy as I remember. The rock road was the worst. It's like running in sand, but if you were to fall it would hurt a lot more.




I was the second girl coming out of the swim. Which was cool, but usually everyone passes me on the bike and run. I don't think I did too shabby though. I even passed the girl that came ahead of me on the bike.
I pushed myself alot harder than the St. George, knowing that it was half the distance, so I was pretty tired by the time the run started. The first lap was pretty slow, but then I think I caught my second wind and picked up the pace.



I ended up 5th in my category. Wahoo!!!








3 comments:

Heather said...

WOW! Jordanna thats awsome!!! way to go!

nora.lakehurst said...

WOW!!!!!! YoU GO GIRL! I so need to get into shape and totally join you. I have always wanted to do something like this.
You are so awesome! Keep up the good work.

Kelli said...

Good for you! That is amazing!! You are seriously my hero. Someday I'll be out there rockin' it with ya ;)

I'll email you the pictures from Saturday night. Thanks again for coming with us. It was so much fun. We need to go again sometime!